ALDOL CONDENSATION: PREPARATION OF TRANS-p-ANISALACETOPHENONE
(Post Lab Questions: pp. 622-623, Problems 2, 5, 10)
2. Explain why the main reaction between acetophenone and p-anisaldehyde is the mixed-aldol reaction rather than
(a) self-condensation of acetophenone or
(b) the Cannizzaro reaction of p-anisaldehyde.
5. Propose a synthesis of cinnamaldehyde using a mixed-aldol condensation reaction.
10. Consider the spectral data for acetophenone.
a. In the functional group region of the IR spectrum, specify the absorptions associated with the carbonyl group and the aromatic ring.
b. In the 1H NMR spectrum, assign the various resonances to the hydrogen nuclei responsible for them.
c. For the 13C NMR data, assign the various resonances to the carbon nuclei responsible for them.
REDUCTION OF CARBONYL COMPOUNDS: PREPARATION OF FLUORENOL (Preparative)
(Post Lab Questions: pp. 584-585, Problems 2, 3, 6, 11)
2. After the reaction between sodium borohydride and the ketone is complete, the reaction mixture is treated with water and acid to produce the desired secondary alcohol. Explain this reaction by indicating the source of the hydrogen atom that ends up on the oxygen atom.
3. Sodium borohydride is fairly unreactive toward methanol, but adding a mineral acid to this solution results in the rapid destruction of the sodium borohydride. Explain.
6. Suggest a structure for the white precipitate formed in the reaction of 9-fluorenone with sodium borohydride.
11. A nitro group, a carbon-carbon double bond, a carbon-nitrogen double bond, and an aromatic ring may each be reduced under certain conditions. Rank these functional groups in order of increasing reactivity.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We ensure that all your instructions are followed to the letter. You are able to choose the level of interest; professional, college, or high school. We will assign a writer who will cover all your specifications.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of well trained and experiences assignment writers who are PhD and master’s holders. Our writers are can handle more than 91 disciplines.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If your assignment is not covered to your expectation, you can send your order for revision. The order should be submitted before 10 days elapses for review You can contact our support team or login to your personal account to submit your request.
We ensure on-time delivery of your papers. For clarification purpose, we may contact you regarding deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, we guarantee a 100% refund.
Originality & Confidentiality
We use professional tools to ensure all assignment help documents you receive are free of plagiarism. Our editors ensure optimum review of all quotations in the text. We also ensure confidentiality in our service delivery.
24/7 Customer Support
Our team of experts is available 24/7 to ensure that you are provided with the top customer experience. Any time you need assignment help, you can reach us and get the best experience with ours services.
You don’t have to struggle with your papers. You need ample sleep; our writers will cover you. We provide writing services in all disciplines.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.