Choose a famous speech to analyze and incorporate the following into the analysis.
1. Discuss who you think the intended audience is for the speech.
2. Provide three or more examples of figures and tropes used by the speaker. (See Chapter 8.) What effect do you think these had on the delivery of the speech?
3. Analyze the speech using the canons of rhetoric from this week’s lesson: invention, arrangement, delivery, and style. Did the speaker demonstrate a mastery of all four canons? Please provide specific examples.
Here is a list of famous speeches to choose from.
· Barbara Bush’s Commencement Speech at Wellesley College: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VhmyA4Kd80 (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site. https://devryu.instructure.com/images/play_overlay.png
· Jim’s 1993 ESPY Speech from V Foundation for Cancer Research: HTTPs://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuoVM9nm42E (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site. https://devryu.instructure.com/images/play_overlay.png
· “The Ballot or the Bullet,” Malcolm X: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zLQLUpNGsc (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. https://devryu.instructure.com/images/play_overlay.png
· “Inaugural Address,” John F. Kennedy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1PbQlVMp98 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. https://devryu.instructure.com/images/play_overlay.png
· “1976 DNC Keynote Address,” Barbara Jordan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKfFJc37jjQ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. https://devryu.instructure.com/images/play_overlay.png
· “I Have a Dream,” Martin Luther King: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IB0i6bJIjw (access this video directly on YouTube)
· Mr. Rogers Lifetime Achievement Speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5yFsFMm-Ow (access this video directly on YouTube)
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We ensure that all your instructions are followed to the letter. You are able to choose the level of interest; professional, college, or high school. We will assign a writer who will cover all your specifications.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of well trained and experiences assignment writers who are PhD and master’s holders. Our writers are can handle more than 91 disciplines.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If your assignment is not covered to your expectation, you can send your order for revision. The order should be submitted before 10 days elapses for review You can contact our support team or login to your personal account to submit your request.
We ensure on-time delivery of your papers. For clarification purpose, we may contact you regarding deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, we guarantee a 100% refund.
Originality & Confidentiality
We use professional tools to ensure all assignment help documents you receive are free of plagiarism. Our editors ensure optimum review of all quotations in the text. We also ensure confidentiality in our service delivery.
24/7 Customer Support
Our team of experts is available 24/7 to ensure that you are provided with the top customer experience. Any time you need assignment help, you can reach us and get the best experience with ours services.
You don’t have to struggle with your papers. You need ample sleep; our writers will cover you. We provide writing services in all disciplines.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.